Dave Published on 14 April 2010
Parent Category: Halloween
OK, so actually I'm not finished the monster mud process just yet but I have been working on some little detail: buttons.
I picked up some plastic pirate buttons at a dollar store last year and thought I could use them for something. Well, I didn't have enough for this project so I made some simple plaster casting.
I pushed the plastic button into some clay, mixed up some plaster and made 12 copies. Yes, they aren't perfect, but with everything else to look at on this guy I doubt anybody will notice. I still have some painting to do with them, but here is what they look like with a base coat of paint.
I also used a little hot glue to temporarily attach them to the jacket to do a test "fitting" for placement and number required. I think this looks fairly good, so this will be the finished placement when the time comes.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by aSmarterU and while I endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, I make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.