Search the Website

Parent Category: Halloween

1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

 

OK, so actually I'm not finished the monster mud process just yet but I have been working on some little detail: buttons.

I picked up some plastic pirate buttons at a dollar store last year and thought I could use them for something. Well, I didn't have enough for this project so I made some simple plaster casting.

I pushed the plastic button into some clay, mixed up some plaster and made 12 copies. Yes, they aren't perfect, but with everything else to look at on this guy I doubt anybody will notice. I still have some painting to do with them, but here is what they look like with a base coat of paint.

I also used a little hot glue to temporarily attach them to the jacket to do a test "fitting" for placement and number required. I think this looks fairly good, so this will be the finished placement when the time comes.

Completed buttons.