Dave Published on 14 April 2010
Parent Category: Halloween
So, for those of you who have been following my latest monster mud prop here is the second part. I noticed that the updates for this project have gotten a little long. I decided that starting another section at the projects halfway point is a good idea.
On to the last half of the build.
I started with a jacket I got at the local Goodwill. The same process was used on the pants section; white glue/liquid starch then several coats of monster mud. Here is the beginning stage of monster mudding the jacket.
I covered the pants, boot and peg-leg with plastic to protect it during this process. A metal angle is used to help support the prop during the build. I have a button I am going to make copies of and glue onto the jacket.
There are a fair number of small "areas" that will hold rain if it happens to get wet, so I have been using caulking to either fill in or help direct any rain off the finished prop. I will end up having to add some paper clay to some larger areas (like the collar folds) to fill in.
It's a long slow process, so I'll update after the final monster mud coating has been applied.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by aSmarterU and while I endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, I make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.